According to Public Health, clergy who are engaged in in-person service to the community are eligible in Group 3 to receive the vaccine. Phase 3 is expected to open up Group 3 around March 10th. To join the waitlist or register when Phase 3 is open, please visit HERE.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued emergency use authorizations (EUA) for two vaccines for the prevention of COVID-19. The vaccines were developed by Pfizer-BioNTech (ages 16 and older) and Moderna (ages 18 and older). Each vaccine requires two shots. The interval between doses is 21 days for Pfizer-BioNTech and 28 days for Moderna. Currently, Mecklenburg County is administering Phizer-BioTech or Phizer due to our accessability to the freezer requirements.
Below you will find the aligned communication from Public Health, Atrium and Novant around getting the vaccine.
Below you will find the aligned communication from Public Health, Atrium and Novant around the partners of the vaccines.
To schedule an appointment to receive your vaccine, please visit HERE.
If you do not have internet access or you prefer to call to make an appointment, please dial (980) 314-9400 Option #3.
Vaccine Clinic Operating Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and Saturday 10am-2pm
Vaccine Clinic Location: Bojangles Coliseum | 2700 East Independence Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28205
DOES YOUR CHURCH, ORGANIZATION OR BUSINESS HAVE INTEREST IN BECOMING A VACCINATION CLINIC?
Public Health is starting to vet new locations for possible vaccination clinics. If you have an interest, please submit your request HERE.
Volunteer Allowed Under Current Stay At Home Restrictions
Based on the current Stay-at-Home orders by Mecklenburg County, volunteer opportunities caring for community members impacted by the Covid-19 crisis are allowed. For more details, click here.
Food & Hunger
- CMS Feeding Program
- Loaves and Fishes Food Pantry– various locations (referral required)
- Urban Ministry Center– Daily Food Service
- Freedom WithIn Walls – Food Support
- Galilee Ministries of East Charlotte -providing three freshly prepared, hot meals each week, take out style.
- Location: 3601 Central Ave.
- Tuesdays 5pm – 6pm
- Wednesdays & Thursdays 11:30am – 12:30pm
- For more information, please call (704) 577-2664
Additional Food Pantries & Resources
- Matthews Help Center
- Food for Families
- Operation Reach Out
- Servants with a Heart Mint Hill
- Hope Street Food Pantry
- Dilworth Soup Kitchen
- Pineville Neighbors Place
- University Soup Kitchen
- MEANS Database – a food rescue database. Connecting your location to local available food via text messaging.